Friday, March 1, 2013

Are Your Soaps All Natural?! Plus a Contest!!!!

I get questioned quite often if my soaps are ALL NATURAL?

That question is very difficult to answer because not everyone agrees what is natural and what is not.

Over the next couple weeks, I plan to discuss the different components that make up my soap.  I hope you enjoy learning about homemade soap!

This week I will discuss the main oils/butters that I use in my soaps.

Olive Oil - Olive oil cleans well, attracts and holds external moisture and forms a breathable film without blocking natural skin function.   It is rich in vitamin E and beta carotene, as well as being an antioxidant, it stimulates new cell generation, slows the progression of wrinkles, and gives skin a youthful look.   It is extremely mild, it also helps people with a variety of skin conditions.

Palm Oil - Palm oil is mild, and creates hard soap.  It has the ability to remove oil and dirt from hair and skin. It also contains a refatting agent that helps restore the hair and skin natural oils most soaps and shampoos strip away letting moisture escape.  It is added to skin care products not only for its anti-aging properties, but also because it provides deep moisturizing properties making the skin soft and supple.

Coconut Oil - Coconut Oil has antibacterial and antioxidant properties.  It is moisturizing and promotes lathering and hardness in soap.

Cocoa Butter - Cocoa Butter is the fat extracted from cocoa beans.  It has a distinctly rich aroma.  It is an emollient meaning it locks in the moisture in the skin.  It is great for dry and itchy skin.

While I do use other oils in some of my soaps, these are my four main ones.

So far, we are 100% natural!

Next time I will discuss how I color my soaps!

Have a fabulous day!  tracy

Oh, I almost forgot!  I am having a contest over on my Facebook Page to win 4 bars of soap!  Free shipping in the U.S.   Hop on over to enter!  Entries accepted through Sunday, March 3, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment